Saturday, December 26, 2009

Enlarging the Family

My spawn have spawned again! We have a new granddaughter named Celia Elizabeth who entered the world on December 22 at 11:39 at night. She weighed in at 5 lbs 11 oz and joins two older brothers, Nathan and Jacob. She is the daughter of my eldest son and his wife.

We are thrilled with our latest addition!

Now that my "baby watch" is over (I stayed with the boys) I can begin to make plans and get back to my stitching in a serious way. Of course I have to add a new baby sampler to the rotation, and for me, coming up with the idea for it takes the longest. I don't actually design from scratch; I more or less "cut and paste" different motifs, alphabets and the like until I come up with a pleasing "whole". I like to use designs than can grow with the children and aren't too baby like - just my own personal thing. So now I am off to the research through my books and leaflets and sometimes even the internet. The stitching itself then goes pretty quickly.

I will keep you in the loop of my progress.

Happy Holidays to all!

Grandma

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Edy,
Somehow I missed this until MIL just mentioned it! Congratulations on the arrival of baby Celia!

Happy New Year, too!

Cyn said...

Hi Edy,

Congratulations on the new grandbaby!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow