Friday, March 5, 2010

Rogaine Works

 Ptui, ptui.  Excuse me while I spit out the remnants of the bullets I bit before the starting the stemstitches that make up Xena’s hair!  I was really nervous about this “surface” stitch on such an unforgiving medium as Congress cloth, but I finally got up my gumption and did it, and as you all said, it wasn’t nearly as difficult as I feared it would be.  In fact, once I got the hang of it, it was really very rhythmic.  Now I can stitch her samplers with a clear conscience! IMG_3104

It didn’t take me all this time though.  In between my last post and today we took a trip to Virginia for one of our granddaughters’ sixth birthday. We even managed to avoid all the snow last weekend in the northeast as we left NYC on Wednesday afternoon and didn’t return until Monday evening.  There was plenty of snow still in the DC area, but all the roadways were clear, as were all the roads back to NY on Monday.  

We also celebrated another granddaughter’s 10th birthday in upstate New York on Wednesday.

Now I have some clear time to stitch on Xena and my other rotations pieces…House in the Wood by Giulla Manfredi and the birth sampler for the latest granddaughter (born in December).

Behave yourselves now….Grandma

10 comments:

Sue said...

Well, I think you did some beautiful work in between all those birthday travels! She looks very pretty!

Cynimin said...

That's a beautiful piece! glad you were able to miss all that snow.

Meg said...

Xena is looking very lovely! Can't wait to see this piece finished.

Glad you missed all the snow, and Happy Belated to the two granddaughters!

stitchesnscraps said...

Glad you got to spend time with family and missed all that snow! Xena is looking wonderful! You do lovely work!

Carol said...

Xena looks pretty with her hair now in place :) very elegant.

Anonymous said...

looks awesome, lovely stitching! hugs lou x

Jeanne said...

Looks great, Edy!

Oh, and in case you didn't hear from MIL, she was only in Cleveland for some tests the first Monday in February. This will repeat every two months until she gets "the call".

Pelin Tezer said...

Edy hi ... A wonderful Sunday to you :) I always appreciate your comments in my blog and I want to thank you for your last note. My big pleasure to hear that bloggers enjoy my posts :) Did not know how else to contact you ... Best wishes, Pelin

Dawn said...

Xena looks so pretty now she has her hair Edy.I love your stitching its beautiful.

Gillie said...

Well done, Edy, she's looking better and better! Looking forward to seeing the samplers. Glad you had such a trouble free trip.