My Granddaughter's Tallit bag is finished! The bulk of the stitching was done in basket-weave with two tones of Silk and Ivory, and the two wavy stripes are stitched with my variation of a Smyrna Cross Stitch (only the first three stitches are done) in Planet Earth Fibres.
It is simple. but (to my eye, at least) attractive, and more over, what she selected.
Now to have both canvases made into bags for their prayer shawls which they will get at their Bar and Bat Mitzvahs in August. I think my timing on these was pretty good.
Next on the agenda is a Christmas stocking for my #2 grandson to replace the Winnie the Pooh stocking I made for him when he was a baby...he is now a pre-teen, and ready for something more grown-up. Also in the rotation is my new Laura Perrin class and some cross stitch pieces I have put aside in order to finish the bags.
Time for ME!