Saturday, July 19, 2008

Always new beginnings

Each day is a new day! Not very profound, I know, but we all have to start somewhere.

Today began with a phone call from number 1 son indicating that he and his number 1 son would be over in less than an hour....not being a Martha Stewart type, I rushed around and vaccuumed, and re-kid proofed the apartment in said time. Son left and grandson stayed.

Then we had to get some child friendly food -- circle cheese and bananas. For those not in the know. "circle cheese" is string cheese cut into slices which resemble circles, at least to a 2 year old...hence the name.

One thing you will learn about me is that I am a stitcher, but not with little kids around, so my original plans for the day -- working on my newest start, Swiss Sampler, an SAL from www.crown-vof.nl is not an options today. I should also add that it is about 97* degrees F out so there are no other plans to go outside. OH Well -- back to grandson's favorite activity, playing with Grandma's Thomas trains.

1 comment:

wendy said...

sounds like a wonderful day to me.

nice background choice! ;)