Sunday, December 21, 2008

Chanukah Greetings

Gosh, has it been that long since I was here? Well, we have been busy....traveling to the Carolinas for birthday parties for grandson #1, and shopping for the holidays, and sitting for grandchildren in NYS and NJ for various occasions when their parents were busy -- that is what it is all about, isn't it?



Anyway, some progress to report on stocking for Granddaughter #3. She wanted a new stocking with a Teddy Bear, and so here is "Nicholas Bear" and some elves and sheep and teddy bears and Christmas Trees and candy canes, etc.





He is coming along slowly, but quite nicely...notice that the elves are wearing different outfits rather than all looking like they are in uniform.

The other piece currently in the works is what I call my "travel piece". It is all one color so is easy to work on planes, trains, baby sitting, etc. and a welcome break from Nicholas himself.


The piece is called "Swiss Topiary", and is a SAL from Crown Stitching in the Netherlands. I have downloaded 11 of the 12 charts (the last one is due at the end of December), and probably completed 7+ of them.

My other accomplishment was to finalize the design of a birth sampler for my youngest (3 mos) grandson. The stitching should not take long and as soon as I get to Indiana later this week, I will visit my LNS, get some fabric, and no doubt have the sampler finished in a couple of weeks...I will post my progress on it as well as these other pieces. I also have to do the Challenge Ornament from Gay Ann's Classroom.

More soon....Happy Chanukah to those who celebrate it, and Merry Christmas to everyone else. And to ALL a Happy New Year!

Grandma Edy

No comments: