I finally found a little time to stitch. I have been slowly working on Swiss Topiary, but not enough to show you yet. But, I did stitch part 4 of Alla Turca with a small modification. You know how they always say measure twice, cut once? Well guess who didn't measure correctly?
Bingo! You got it, ME! The needle with thread show the top of my piece of linen for Alla Turca...I don't think there is any way for me to add the top motif as it is more rows than I have.
It shouldn't be too much of a problem if part 5 (which goes to the left of center along the top is only as high as part 3 is, then the piece will still be balanced, I hope. However, I have to wait until May 1 to find out!
The other piece I started tonight is for Granddaughter #1, the former Equestrian now turned Gymnast. I have modified the design to reflect both her hair color and the colors in her competition leotard. The gymnast is doing a balancing split.
I only have the bar and sleeve of her leotard done, but I think it is quite a lot for one evening.
I'll post more photos of this piece as I stitch her.