Thursday, March 1, 2012

Part 3

Part 3 of the Antique Sampler was released to day, and I have already downloaded and printed it. Next step is to pull the threads from my stash that haven't been used in the piece already. Hopefully I have all the colors I will need, or it's a quick run to the LNS.

In the meantime I finished the latest Seaman's scarf in a luscious Burgundy. Only needs to have the ends woven in to be completed. I also sort of figured out that granny square problem and I am on my way to crocheting an afghan for an American Girl Doll's bed.

Last weekend we were in Virginia for a grandchild's birthday party. My DS found out that I had never visited Mount Vernon, and decided that a Mother-Son bonding day was in order.

Here is a view of the front of the house. The Potomac River is behind me.



The view of the river from the front of the house.

You are not allowed to take photos inside the house, but this is a photo of a photo of the main dining room. The doscent mentioned that it is due for renovation/repainting/cleaning the oil paintings in the room.

Of course one does not visit such a famous home without purchasing some sort of memento. My son bought me a China thimble in the shape of the cupola at the top of the house, and I bought this:

It is a kit to reproduce one of the pillows Martha Stitched to decorate her home. It comes with Aida cloth which I just may switch out for linen, and these threads. Aren't the colors luscious?
Should be a busy time ahead for my needle.


Keep well...........................Grandma















































1 comment:

Rita said...

We visited Mr. Vernon many years ago. I kept thinking how wonderful it would be to live in a house and setting like that.